Monday, May 9, 2011

Revisiting the past only makes us more hopeful for the future.

A window shade glows a golden hue as it illuminates a kitchen breakfast table.
The hidden sunrise gently warms and intensifies the scent of Arabica beans
percolating.

Drip drip. Drip drip.

Sleepy eyes bat at my smile. Walking towards her ready to lovingly hold. I'm not
just a man. I'm so much more. Kisses and hugs to go around. She puts her arm
around me as we lay lazily on this Sunday thinking one day this will someday be
my life.

Our romantic combination of nicotine and caffeine brings us closer at the lips.

Your eyes being my light at the end of my tunnel I crawl closer and closer.
Until reality sets in.

I open my eyes to discover an empty seat where she used to be.

Lying up in the corner, my bed much colder than I remember. So ill drift off
into my slumber. Sleep quietly till she returns.

Only she'll never be back. She'll never be mine. And with this volatile mix of
prescription cocktail......

I'll never wake up

No comments:

Post a Comment